Reading Around the World 2019
Our ROAR Families,
It gives me great pleasure to announce our participation in Air Base K - 8 Center's annual Reading Around the World!
Capturing the spirit of the holidays in crafts and classic books, teachers across all grade levels will hold a classroom activity for all our Air Base families to enjoy the classic holiday stories!
Every year, ROAR holds our own classroom session to learn the meaning of hard work, dedication, and responsibility with our students.
This year, our classroom activity is based on the short story, The Soldiers' Night Before Christmas! This classic tale tells the story of deployed American soldiers during the holidays. Even Christmas leaves no man behind. In our activity, the upper academy students will be creating patriotic salt dough ornaments!
Looking Forward to Another Great Event,
the world session
Below you can pick your working session. Those students working session one have to be 10 minutes early. Students working session two and three will enter through the back of the classroom during transitions of sessions.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.
See You Soon,
Session One: 6:30p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Session Two: 7:10 p.m. to 7:40 p.m.
Session Three: 7:50 p.m. to 8:20 p.m.
Please take a moment to fill out the form after reading the important information below. For the attire column, just let us know what you have in mind! And in the have you read and understood column, you can say yes after you have read the important information below.
1. Students are required to attend at least one session in order to recieve community service
2. Students are welcomed and encouraged to stay after school with ROAR to do homework, eat pizza, and help set up until their designated sessions
3. Students are also welcomed to leave after dismissal. If you are working session one, please arrive to our classroom by 5:00 pm/ If you are working session 2 and/or 3, please come to us during the transitions of sessions.
4. Students can work any sessions they like. We appreciate and encourage working all 3 sessions but it not mandatory. So, you can work 3, 2, or 1 session.
5. Community Service letters will be handed out on a date that is to be announced.
6. Attire: Pajamas! Our activity is military focused so please free to wear green, camouflage, or solid colors such as yellow, black, or green.